I took advantage of my snow days and made this very quick and easy coffee cake.
It is delicious!
Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake
Prep time: 20 min
Serving size: 8 servings
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
2 packages Martha White Blueberry Muffin Mix
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 9 inch square pan.
Spread almonds in single layer on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool 15 minutes. Chop almonds. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine sour cream, milk, and sugar;mix well.
Add muffin mix; stir to blend.
Spread batter in greased pan.
Sprinkle with almonds.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients; blend until smooth.
5. Remove coffee cake from oven.
Drizzle glaze over hot cake, cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
I did not have two packs of Blueberry mix so I added a cranberry mix and it turned out delicious and very colorful.